It’s been a busy week so I haven’t had much time to sit down and write, but I wanted to quickly share this yummy Beef Stew recipe with you all! This is another recipe from Damn Delicious, with some slight tweaks. A really awesome recipe, and lots of leftovers which will be great for us since this is a busy week!
SLOW COOKER BEEF STEW
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb baby red potatoes, quartered
- 4 carrots, cut diagonally into 1/2 in. slices
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minved
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp parsley
- Heat olive oil in large skillet on medium heat. Season beef with salt and pepper, add to skillet and cook until evenly browned. About 2-3 minutes.
- Place beef, potatoes, carrots, onion & garlic into slow cooker.
- Stir in beef broth, tomato sauce, thyme, rosemary, paprika, worcestershire sauce, and bay leaves until well combined. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and 1/2 cup of stew broth. Stir mixture back into pot. Cover and cook on high heat an additional 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve immediately!