It’s been a busy week so I haven’t had much time to sit down and write, but I wanted to quickly share this yummy Beef Stew recipe with you all! This is another recipe from Damn Delicious, with some slight tweaks. A really awesome recipe, and lots of leftovers which will be great for us since this is a busy week!
I adore chili. There are so many different variations of it and so many things you can do with it to either spice it up or just make a bit more unique and add some different ingredients to. And if you have leftovers, there are so many more possibilities! You can get some nacho chips and use it as dip, or spread some on top of a hot dog, you can put some on top of a burrito or even your spaghetti! What’s not to love?
The only problem I ran across when looking for a good recipe to try out was that my boyfriend and I couldn’t really settle on one that we’d both really like. He enjoys very hot & spicy food, whereas I can’t stand anything too hot or spicy. So trying to get a chili that we’d both enjoy was a bit of an experiment. He wanted me to ask our friend for her recipe, which to be honest, is a pretty amazing chili recipe. But we eat over there a lot, and end up having that chili at least a few times a year. So I wanted to come up with something that was a bit more unique to us at home and not something we can just go eat elsewhere.
SLOW COOKER BASIC CHILI
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tbsp onion, minced
- 28 oz (1 can) diced tomatoes
- 15 oz (1 can) tomato sauce
- 30 oz (2 cans) kidney beans
- 10 oz (1 can) sliced mushrooms
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 4 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 2 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 – 2 tsp cayenne powder (to taste)
- Mix all seasonings together & store in a container to re-use extras later.
- In a skillet, cook ground beef & drain.
- Add onion and 3 tbsp of your pre-mixed seasoning mix.
- In a 6 qt crock pot, add tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, mushrooms and 2 tbsp more of your seasoning mix and meat & stir.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hrs or on high for 3-4 hrs.